Spring time at ah! Ventures
It’s a brand new day, a brand new week, and a brand new month.
We enter Monday on some vital highs as each BSE Sensex and Nifty50 prolonged their positive aspects on Friday, for a 3rd consecutive day. Even US and European shares closed final week on highs, and the Indian rupee noticed its greatest single-day achieve in virtually a yr.
In the meantime, India has gained 4 medals—2 gold, 1 silver, and 1 bronze— on the Commonwealth Video games 2022 at present underway in Birmingham.
Additionally, immediately marks the beginning of two epic tales ever informed—Frank Herbert’s Dune saga (1965) and George R. R. Martin’s A Track of Ice and Hearth epic (1996)—virtually 30 years aside.
Spring time at ah! Ventures
The month of July signalled the start of India’s funding winter, as VC companies shut the faucet on capital influx with central banks around the globe elevating rates of interest. However for Mumbai-headquartered ah! Ventures, it is enterprise as normal.
In June 2022, the early-stage investor introduced the launch of its maiden angel fund with a corpus of Rs 100 crore and a greenshoe choice of Rs 50 crore to spend money on early-stage and Pre-Collection A startups.
- Amit Kumar, Associate, ah! Ventures, says 93 startups have been profitable out of the 104 the VC agency has invested in.
- The VC agency has been part of about 140 offers value Rs 286 crore since 2012-13.
- The funding firm has had 14 exits, whereas 28 of its portfolio startups have raised follow-on funding.
Genome testing for wellness
Kerala-based entrepreneur and biohacker Sajeev Nair recognized the potential of DNA and based Bengaluru-based healthtech startup Vieroots Wellness Options, together with co-founder Adityanarayan.
The startup’s ‘Personalised Epigenetic Way of life Modifications’ (EPLIMO) cell app goals to seek out long-term options for wholesome dwelling by decoding customers’ DNA and assessing metrics throughout 250 completely different well being situations.
- The app has a person base of 5,000+ energetic customers.
- Vieroots has greater than 200 life-style coaches and 500+ wellness consultants.
- A majority of voters hail from Tier 1 cities, whereas 20% come from the Northeast.
Subsequent massive factor in Web3
There is not any denying it—the promise of Web3 is attracting many startups to seek out modern options within the sector, which noticed almost $14.6 billion in investments within the first quarter of 2022.
Based on a 2021 Blockdata report, as of September 2021, 81 of the highest 100 public firms, together with Microsoft, Amazon, Samsung, Alphabet, and so on., use blockchain expertise.
- LinkedIn reported a 395% enhance in job postings with Web3-related phrases in 2021.
- In 2021, enterprise capital companies invested over $30 billion in crypto startups.
- Knowledge compiled by NASSCOM and WazirX discovered that just about 50,000 Indians have been employed in crypto tech companies in 2021.
Now get the Each day Capsule in your inbox. Subscribe to our e-newsletter immediately!